Tired of typing the same reply each time someone sends you an email with a common question?
Compose your reply once and save it with canned responses. Then, set up a filter with information that includes keywords or subjects.
You can then use Gmail to automatically respond to messages that fit your criteria with your saved response.
- Automate answers to customer questions about store hours, locations, and other general information.
- If you receive a technical support email, Gmail can automatically forward it to the right person and send the customer a confirmation message.
Navigate to Gmail Settings > Labs
Enable Canned Responses
To create a new canned response:
Compose a new email > in the bottom right corner, click the down arrow
Hover over Canned Responses > Add New
To create a filter for Canned Responses
- In the Gmail search box, click the Down arrow
- Enter your search criteria, then click Create filter with this search.
- Check the Send canned response box and select one of your saved canned responses.
- Click .